OMP Christmas Sale

OMP Christmas Sale

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Hey guys, just want to pass on that OMP is having a Christmas sale right now. All ARFs are 10% off right now and if you order any plane with an engine combo you can save even more. Check out the new 50cc Extra and Yak SP-55M we just got in stock!

http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/sale/index.htm
Attachments
ompsale.JPG
Mike Pilkenton
www.ohiomodelplanes.com
Air Force Retired
Salmon
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Bump!

When will the smaller kits be in stock?
"That can't be un-fucked" - Clay @Nash 2012
"© I don't know what your talking about. ®" - Goofy 2014

*Asshole Disclaimer*
If you think you have been offended, please unread this post.
Mike
ThumbSkull
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:18 am

ThumbSkull wrote:Bump!

Don't know to be honest. Kinda burned out on producing kits. Lots of work and time involved in doing these and not much profit. I am working on a couple new projects that I think are going to be "different" and fun. Those would be kits but probably next year sometime.
Mike Pilkenton
www.ohiomodelplanes.com
Air Force Retired
Salmon
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:15 am

No MX-2 on sale? That's got to be a popular one. Great build thread on FG.
"It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either."
- Mark Twain
Berwyn Bill
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:50 am

Salmon wrote:

Don't know to be honest. Kinda burned out on producing kits. Lots of work and time involved in doing these and not much profit. I am working on a couple new projects that I think are going to be "different" and fun. Those would be kits but probably next year sometime.

Thats a real shame for the kit builders.....Oh well, more business for Swany!!
flygilmore
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:12 am

Berwyn Bill wrote:No MX-2 on sale? That's got to be a popular one. Great build thread on FG.

If you are interested in the MX-2 then just give John a call at OMP and he'll take care of you. :tu:
Mike Pilkenton
www.ohiomodelplanes.com
Air Force Retired
Salmon
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 am

flygilmore wrote:
Salmon wrote:

Yea, maybe Swany will do my kits for me too! I'd rather be flying these days!
Mike Pilkenton
www.ohiomodelplanes.com
Air Force Retired
Salmon
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Salmon wrote:If you are interested in the MX-2 then just give John a call at OMP and he'll take care of you. :tu

If I do, my wife will "take care" of me! :lol:
"It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either."
- Mark Twain
Berwyn Bill
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:55 pm

Salmon wrote:

Maybe it would be more fun if you made a little $$ on them. Swany did recently up his prices but it won't deter me from buying. I build because it's better, not because it's cheaper. And like others said, maybe farm them out or sell plans.
"That can't be un-fucked" - Clay @Nash 2012
"© I don't know what your talking about. ®" - Goofy 2014

*Asshole Disclaimer*
If you think you have been offended, please unread this post.
Mike
ThumbSkull
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:59 pm

I consider myself a true builder as well and think the art of scratch building is becoming a minority in this hobby. I'll also admit though I like the modern ARFs and the quickness you can get a plane in the air. But being a builder I also have the skills to go through an ARF, fix any problems, make modifications if I want to, and then go enjoy it. A lot of guys these days find one loose glue joint or some minor hardware issue on an ARF and have no idea what to do except bitch. Right now I'm really enjoyng putting together my 50cc Yak 55. Just wish the weather wasn't so cold!
Mike Pilkenton
www.ohiomodelplanes.com
Air Force Retired
Salmon
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:09 pm

flygilmore wrote:
Salmon wrote:

have you noticed swaney around here or at a probro lately? seems pretty obvious he is getting burned out too. you might wish you had hoarded some kits!
Dr Constrictor
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:33 pm

From 12/9/09:
PaulSwany wrote:Just got a nice load of wood delivered from Clay... Good stuff! Really nice to have a local balsa wood supplier.

Thanks Clay! Keep up the good work!

I think the rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. He's just burned out by the internet, not the kits. That's my guess.

Back to OMP...

Mike, any chance of the big Yak slab ever coming back, Arf or Kit? I'm loving mine like a drunk prom date! Brillelli 46 yanks it around like it's a rag doll and it's probably my favorite slab right now.
- Mark Twain
Berwyn Bill
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:36 pm

Just noticed the Big Edge is $372 shipped!! That's a great deal!
- Mark Twain
Berwyn Bill
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:56 am

Berwyn Bill wrote:Just noticed the Big Edge is $372 shipped!! That's a great deal!

Yep, and their numbers are getting low in stock as well!

Regarding big slabs like the Yak I don't know if I'll do kits on that anymore. Not in the near future. I'm always thinking of cool ideas like a true 50cc hybrid Fusion (always wanted to do that). Of course the 80" Fusion profile was the best flying 80" slab I've had but they are out of stock now as well.
Mike Pilkenton
www.ohiomodelplanes.com
Air Force Retired
Salmon
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:02 am

Salmon wrote:
Berwyn Bill wrote:Just noticed the Big Edge is $372 shipped!! That's a great deal!

Yep, and their numbers are getting low in stock as well!

Regarding big slabs like the Yak I don't know if I'll do kits on that anymore. Not in the near future. I'm always thinking of cool ideas like a true 50cc hybrid Fusion (always wanted to do that). Of course the 80" Fusion profile was the best flying 80" slab I've had but they are out of stock now as well.

An ARF of the 80" Fusion would be awesome. I agree about it being the best of the 80" bunch.
- Mark Twain
Berwyn Bill
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:19 am

Salmon wrote:I consider myself a true builder as well and think the art of scratch building is becoming a minority in this hobby. I'll also admit though I like the modern ARFs and the quickness you can get a plane in the air. But being a builder I also have the skills to go through an ARF, fix any problems, make modifications if I want to, and then go enjoy it. A lot of guys these days find one loose glue joint or some minor hardware issue on an ARF and have no idea what to do except bitch. Right now I'm really enjoyng putting together my 50cc Yak 55. Just wish the weather wasn't so cold!

WORD! :D
Talking out of my ass since Feb 16, 2004

"Prepare for unforeseen consequences"
Spaz
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:46 am

Thanks Spaz! Bet your weather isn't any better! We've had a couple of indoor foamy events already here and that beats the hell out of flying outside right now!

On to the 80" Fusion ARF idea.....wonder what the market would be for such a beast?
Mike Pilkenton
www.ohiomodelplanes.com
Air Force Retired
Salmon
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:13 am

probably the same as the other 80" ARF.
Pro <><
HVN BND
WessCo
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:05 am

Yeah, I know the market wouldn't be huge but maybe if it got some exposure like a review in MA or another mag and maybe some time getting passed around at Nall. I can only imagine what it video would come from getting into the hands of Kyle or Gernot. Then your market would be quite a bit larger I'd bet. Nothing against the sweet flying Forrest does, just thinking about name recognition for the masses. I don;t know of anybody who has flown the 80" Fusion who hasn't liked it over the 80" Edge or yak. It's a different animal totally.

I wonder if the Fusion was a 76" or so that was more in line with the power of a DL30 if that would make a difference? There are lots of fatties coming out for the DL30 size range now. Maybe have a firewall mount that slips over the rails for non-beam mount engines. Just thinking.
- Mark Twain
Berwyn Bill
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:32 pm

Too many good ideas.....not enough time to play! Story of my life! lol
Mike Pilkenton
www.ohiomodelplanes.com
Air Force Retired
Salmon
Pro Bro

Next

Return to Ohio Model Products