internet connectivity ?

Need help fixing your PC? Need to know how to encode video? Just plain lost? The Pro Bro nerds will help you out here.

internet connectivity ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:18 pm

Here's a strange situation that I've seen on my desktop.

Computer will be working fine - for weeks. Then, all of the sudden, for no apparent reason, I can't get to certain websites.

It happened earlier today. Here's the situation:

Email is working - no problems.
I can get to certain websites like: google, yahoo, youtube,

But I CANT get to websites like: the profilebrotherhood, amazon, ebay, or virtually anything else I type in. I get some standard error that says the website doesn't exist, and to try later.

But... when I'm in google, I can search for the brotherhood, amazon, and other websites. Google will "find" those websites, but when I click on them, I get a standard error that says the website doesn't exist.

The OTHER computer is working fine. Wireless on the ipad, no issues. It seems to be ONLY with one of the desktops.

But, then wait about six hours, and everything seems to be working correctly now. Any ideas?
Doug B

To those in the military who serve, both past and present, to defend my freedoms, I thank you. I've had a wonderful life so far.
Doug B
Pro Bro

Re: internet connectivity ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:19 pm

I have experienced the same thing the last week or so.
Seems like it started after the last "mandatory" update.
Maybe a Russian hack :shock:
I'VE LEARNED THAT PLEASING EVERYONE IS IMPOSSIBLE
BUT PISSING EVERYONE OFF IS A PIECE OF CAKE !
Warped Wing R/C
StinkFinger
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:37 pm

Run CCleaner and scan everything with your antivirus software.
https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER
Mojo 60 120AX BCP
MadYak 55AX CCP
Primo 40 - RIP
Wild Tiger TT46 CCP
Sig Ultimate Profile
Crack Yak
Griffwerks Bipe
Sabre 35
Aj Laser DA35
Sbach 65 DLE 20
Tai Ji 60
Sbach 65 Dle 20
Mojo 65 OS GT22
3dhs slick OS33GT
3dhs Edge 540 DA35
Redwing Sbach MXS-r
caf2461
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:47 pm

Malware bytes didn't find anything viruses.
Doug B

To those in the military who serve, both past and present, to defend my freedoms, I thank you. I've had a wonderful life so far.
Doug B
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:44 am

Same probs here as well. This site takes forever to load. Some often visited sites load OK, and some are slow or never stop loading. Same results with 3 search engines and 2 different computers. Did the commies finally get us ???
Moved to Florida and now totally surrounded by old people.
Finally found a sod house for sale.....dirt cheap !
NVS
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:38 pm

sounds like its time for a rebuild/reimage. Easier than spending days troubleshooting or chasing down "intermittent" issues. If you build it right and partition in to 2 drives, C:/OS and D:/Data, reinstalling Windows on C is a piece o cake.
Mofro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:18 pm

Jack

Goofy wrote:you never write me anymore, we don't talk, I dress up nice for you and you don't even notice. You used to tell me I'm pretty all the time, and now, now it's like you.don't even notice me. :sad:
jrjr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:06 pm

The fact that no one has said "fag filter" shows no og bros coming round here anymore.
Dr Constrictor
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Dr Constrictor wrote:The fact that no one has said "fag filter" shows no og bros coming round here anymore.

true true.... just you, and me, and Hooks..... and Hooks wouldn't ever talk like that.
Anyone got any Cardens for sale???? I need another one!

Crappy Cut Kits your #1 source for kits cut crappily

B&E Graphix-> www.BandEGraphix.com
Planewrappers-> www.planewrappers.com
capthis
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:42 am

Back to the original post....

My computer is doing it again! It will connect to google and yahoo and YouTube, and process searches, but it will not connect to any other websites.

So very frustrating. I'm running a virus scan now, but I suspect it will find nothing. It is especially frustrating when I can't find anything wrong to fix and a few hours from now, it will hopefully run fine...without me doing a thing.
Doug B

Doug B
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Did you try the Complete Internet Repair?
Jack

Goofy wrote:you never write me anymore, we don't talk, I dress up nice for you and you don't even notice. You used to tell me I'm pretty all the time, and now, now it's like you.don't even notice me. :sad:
jrjr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:40 pm

Try using google's DNS servers. You can google it
Suicufnoc
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:15 pm

jrjr wrote:Did you try the Complete Internet Repair?

I didn't try it... only because I'm not sure what option to check. And, the software says to NOT check anything that you don't understand or don't need.
Doug B

Doug B
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Suicufnoc wrote:Try using google's DNS servers. You can google it

My internet connection started working 'normally', for no apparent reason, a few minutes ago.

I googled the DNS servers and manually changed to the 8.8.8.8 google thing. I'm not sure what it does, but I'll try it and see what happens.

This is so frustrating.

Before making this change, When I pull a command prompt, and check my IPConfig, I was seeing:

DNS Servers: 2001:558:feed::1
2001:558:feed::2
75:75:75:75
75:75:76:76

Now I'm seeing:
DNS Servers: 2001:558:feed::1
2001:558:feed::2
8:8:8:8
8:8:4:4

I'm wondering if the "feed" has something to do with it, and how to remove those.... I've searched the "feed" thing, and found that other people are having similar problems. It seems to be a Comcast thing. the IP6 something or another that is causing the problems. But, I'm not computer-smart enough to know what they are talking about....
Doug B

Doug B
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:59 am

Your DNS servers were set to Comcast's DNS Servers(the 75.75.x.x ones) which are usually pretty good. I use google's DNS servers for my home network and most of the customers. If it starts acting up again, try disabling IPv6 on your network adapter. Those are the top two DNS servers listed, the "feed" ones. I've seen Comcast have issues with IPv6, and you don't need it enabled for the computer to get online.

To disable IPv6, go to your network card properties and uncheck it from the list of protocols, should be listed right under IPv4.
R.M.M. Underboss & Great White Buffalo
You swing from your tree and I'll swing from mine.
You da-gum government
You sorry rackafratchits
You got yourself an itch a
And you want me to scratch it
Prowler
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Prowler wrote:Your DNS servers were set to Comcast's DNS Servers(the 75.75.x.x ones) which are usually pretty good. I use google's DNS servers for my home network and most of the customers. If it starts acting up again, try disabling IPv6 on your network adapter. Those are the top two DNS servers listed, the "feed" ones. I've seen Comcast have issues with IPv6, and you don't need it enabled for the computer to get online.

To disable IPv6, go to your network card properties and uncheck it from the list of protocols, should be listed right under IPv4.

It took me a while, but I figured that out... I set my computer for 8:8:8:8 to be with Google. Haven't had a problem so far, but it hasn't been that long My internet searching found that other people were having similar issues as me...on Comcast. Must be a Comcast thing. But I don't understand why it's only affecting This one computer and not the others.

Thanks for the info on IPv6. I will try to figure out how to disable the ip6 stuff.
Doug B

Doug B
Pro Bro

Return to Computer Support