Ipad 2 Redirect virus ?

Need help fixing your PC? Need to know how to encode video? Just plain lost? The Pro Bro nerds will help you out here.

Ipad 2 Redirect virus ?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:19 pm

I have some sort of redirect virus on my Ipad 2. At least it seems that way. I'll be surfin' the Bro site, and all of the sudden the website will redirect to xxxxx that says, "Attention Customer, your IPAD has been chosen at random for a $1000 gift card to Walmart/Amazon/etc..." I must have picked up something from the Camel Toe thread.... :roll: :( :?

I've cleared the website history a couple different ways. I've powered down and up twice. I've searched but can't find anything like McAfee or an anti-virus program to scan and delete whatever the problem is from an Ipad.

Any ideas how to get rid of this thing?
Doug B

To those in the military who serve, both past and present, to defend my freedoms, I thank you. I've had a wonderful life so far.
Doug B
Pro Bro

Re: Ipad 2 Redirect virus ?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:45 pm

I used to get those messages a few times on my Android tablet maybe 6-9 months ago. I just made sure I didn't click on anything related to the message and closed it out. I figured it was a scam, too. Apparently there was no harm done as it hasn't come back for a while now.
MCB121
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:19 pm

yup I have had it do it to me on the computer as well. Just close all my browsers and try again.
President of Chrisy Poos Kit Emoprium "The Leader in Quality Cut Short Kits at Hooks Pricing"

Glitter55, mojo40, Big Tiddy 55cc, VH Giles202. Stashed stix60, stix50, stix46, madyak40

BalsaDust
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Malware.. not sure about the i devices, but on Android, malware bytes works great.
"Is it me or do those ailerons looks small?" - Dhooks

Fly it till it falls apart!! pro-bro #2162
FlightCrazed
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:18 pm

I run Sophos on linux, it works well. They have a version for apple as well
Jack

Goofy wrote:you never write me anymore, we don't talk, I dress up nice for you and you don't even notice. You used to tell me I'm pretty all the time, and now, now it's like you.don't even notice me. :sad:
jrjr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:18 pm

I seem to have it cleared now. Deleted everything, all of my browser history, several times. Cycled the power several times. I think it's gone now. No anti virus software for iPads that I can find.
Doug B

To those in the military who serve, both past and present, to defend my freedoms, I thank you. I've had a wonderful life so far.
Doug B
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:49 am

did you do a reset? it's easy and you can download all your apps again from the app store free.. you either installed an app that has addware on it or opened an email with it.

how to reset
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252
Talking out of my ass since Feb 16, 2004

"Prepare for unforeseen consequences"
Spaz
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Spaz wrote:did you do a reset? it's easy and you can download all your apps again from the app store free.. you either installed an app that has addware on it or opened an email with it.

how to reset
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Nope. Not an app problem. I only have about four downloaded apps. And, I haven't downloaded an app is more than two years. Not an email thing either...I don't email from the iPad. Not sure what it was, but it acted like a redirect virus. Seems to be gone now.
Doug B

Doug B
Pro Bro

Return to Computer Support