Power equipment engine woes

If it's not related to R/C, but you want to share it.

Power equipment engine woes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:17 pm

Last winter I didn't drain the gas out of my two generators and after winter I failed to drain my snowblower as well. Now all three only want to run with choke left on. I've pulled the carb off my snowblower and all the passages seem clear but still isn't running correctly. All three have fresh gas in them after dumping the old gas. I just bought new gas last week so it hasn't been sitting around a while.

Any ideas?
Matt
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
basmntdweller
Pro Bro

Re: Power equipment engine woes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:24 pm

Rebuild the carbs with new seals and gaskets. My push mower did the same thing.
WrongRudderR/C

Gayjo 40-RTF
Yak 47-no motor
WhoreHawk 63-RTF
Glitter 55-Rehab
UL Slick-RTF
Lamsuk-RTC
Razoryak-RTC
Fusion 67-RTC
WoodPilot
Pro Bro

Re: Power equipment engine woes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:29 pm

Check for debris in the tank, clean tank, check fuel filter, clean or replace filter, try again. No improvement, try a carb/injector cleaner in the tank (Lucas injector cleaner is pretty good), or your favorite, add it, run it for a few minutes, shut off, wait a couple days, try again, run it for a while if it improves and keeps improving. If not, take the carb off, soak it in acetone, mek, carb cleaner, your choice. Clean and dry, reinstall. If still no improvement, then rebuild the carb.
Moe; "Use your brain!"__ Curly; "I'm tryin to think but nuttin happens!"
flailer
Pro Bro

Return to Beyond R/C