The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Jr matchbox

9K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  JAG 
#1 ·
I am getting parts gathered for my 40% sukhoi, I need 3 JR matchboxes, does anyone out there have any they would like so sell?

#7 ·
click the pirate said:
Motowncali said:
Get a radio with enough channels built in to match them on the radio
Why buy a new radio? My dx9 is a great radio, I just have multiple servos on one surface, so this just makes set up easier.
If you'd pay retail price(I'm not saying you will, but they used to go for $100 each if I'm not mistaken) for equipment, then Taranis is a lot cheaper option.

#8 ·
BlockBuster said:
click the pirate said:
Motowncali said:
Why buy a new radio? My dx9 is a great radio, I just have multiple servos on one surface, so this just makes set up easier.
If you'd pay retail price(I'm not saying you will, but they used to go for $100 each if I'm not mistaken) for equipment, then Taranis is a lot cheaper option.
I would never trust a 5k plus plane with a cheaper radio! On what planet does that make any sense!? If it were a foamy I might consider it, but not on my big planes!

#9 ·
click the pirate said:
BlockBuster said:
click the pirate said:
Motowncali said:
I would never trust a 5k plus plane with a cheaper radio! On what planet does that make any sense!? If it were a foamy I might consider it, but not on my big planes!
I will say yes the taranis is an inexpensive radio but it has proven itself. One guy I have been talking with over on FG is running it on all his stuff now of which most is 35-40% fatties with no problem. I have to say it is a very capable radio and I'm loving mine. I love it so much that as soon as I have enough FRSKY receivers for all my planes I will be selling off all my futaba stuff.

#10 ·
click the pirate said:
BlockBuster said:
click the pirate said:
Motowncali said:
My thoughts exactly.

#11 ·
How many per surface?
1 for throttle
1 for kill switch
1 per stab
2 on rudder
2 or 3 per wing?

I have found in many builds that can get two servos matched in a wing panel mechanically on a Y harness. If doing 3 per, then you need a matchbox.

If using three servos on the rudder set up pull-pull, then I suggest a SWB floating tray. If putting two servos in the tail set up push-pull, even better.

You should be able to pull it off with your DX9 unless you go with 3 servos per wing panel. :drink:

#12 ·
To each his own I reckon but it has been rock solid on what I have used so far and there is enough info on testing done out there to trust it.

Just shy of 450 pages of info on the Taranis and FRSKY related stuff here and there are plenty more threads out there.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... ware-hacks

#13 ·
click the pirate said:
I'm another who switched from a Futaba 12FG FASST to a Taranis. It was a scary thing to do by going from a $1000 radio that worked perfectly to a $200 radio. It took about 6 months to totally convert my entire RC air force from the 12FG/FASST to the Taranis/ACCST because during this time I was constantly trying to prove to myself that the Taranis and FrSky ACCST was an inferior radio to the Futaba 12FG and FASST. After 6 months of progressively and successfully flying more and more valuable planes, I finally gave up trying to find fault with the Taranis/ACCST and completed the conversion. That was over two years ago, and the Taranis and the FrSky ACCST radio system has continued to work perfectly every time. I now trust the Taranis ACCST to fly anything just as much as my old 12FG FASST. While I still consider the Taranis to be inexpensive, I no longer consider it to be cheap.

#14 ·
McDDD said:
click the pirate said:
I'm another who switched from a Futaba 12FG FASST to a Taranis. It was a scary thing to do by going from a $1000 radio that worked perfectly to a $200 radio. It took about 6 months to totally convert my entire RC air force from the 12FG/FASST to the Taranis/ACCST because during this time I was constantly trying to prove to myself that the Taranis and FrSky ACCST was an inferior radio to the Futaba 12FG and FASST. After 6 months of progressively and successfully flying more and more valuable planes, I finally gave up trying to find fault with the Taranis/ACCST and completed the conversion. That was over two years ago, and the Taranis and the FrSky ACCST radio system has continued to work perfectly every time. I now trust the Taranis ACCST to fly anything just as much as my old 12FG FASST. While I still consider the Taranis to be inexpensive, I no longer consider it to be cheap.
That was exactly where I was at when I got my taranis from hooks. I figured I would use it on anything 20cc and smaller but after using it and doing lots of reading and video watching I realized it will he just fine in whatever I want to put it in. My 20cc moass60 is still the biggest plane I'm flying it in currently but only because I have not picked up any more receivers yet to switch out my two 55cc birds. Oh and the programming possibilities with OpenTX are freaking unreal.

#15 ·
Instead of trying to convince you of a different system or method lol, I have at least 2 and maybe 3 Matchboxes. How about $25ea shipped? I'll check when I get home if I do have that third one...

#17 ·
click the pirate said:
I have found what I was looking for. Thanks for all the input. But I am a chevy/ spektrum, JR guy. Not going to change my mind on this. I'm a stubborn old bastard! Lol
Lol. Yeah I'm a Ford guy and I'm not gonna change my mind on that.

#20 ·
Typical FG behavior. Man asks for a specific item and everyone jumps on him telling him how how he doesn't know what he wants and he should buy something else.....

Y'all need to leave my Carden hauler alone and help him find what he wants! :)

#24 ·
capthis said:
Typical FG behavior. Man asks for a specific item and everyone jumps on him telling him how how he doesn't know what he wants and he should buy something else.....

Y'all need to leave my Carden hauler alone and help him find what he wants! :)
I know, right? and woody wasn't even the one doing it this time :mrgreen:
Norm I will get these sent out today.

#25 ·
So how bad is transmitter latency these days, early days it was frowned upon to put main flight control servos in slots much past 6, since data streams would reflect delay and in some instances not every pass, ie It would only update first 6 channels at same frame rates, higher channels less often. That's why matchboxes are still a viable option IMHO

You can stop reading speculation ahead, Futaba and Graupner allow for channel remapping. Don't really fully understand but it could be useful in ganged servos and latency speeds.

Now on to Graupner they allow for free mixes in the reciever itself set up from the color touch screen of transmitter.and really is a built in matchbox and beyond. In the heading hold gyro reciever the delta mix is performed within reciever as this is downstream of sensors. It is a whole nother level flying my EF Outlaw

I so so badly want to launch with both hands on wingtips of plane and transmitter on ground, and then pickup after launching, its that rock solid from a flat level release.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.