The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

The Bristol

16K views 189 replies 46 participants last post by  doinkedit 
#1 ·
Yeah, it will be a 40 size 48" profile for a Saito 82.... :rolleye:

Thanks to Wild Fred (Ferroplane) and Menaceflyer (Wild Tiger), I believe I can create something fun from scratch. :nw:

I want a lazy-touch-and-go-fat-tire slab I can put lights and floats on :shrug2:

#7 ·
I'm not one for following plans... :twisted:
...but I'm certain the tail I have in mind is adequate 8)
There will be tube :tu:
And sheeting even, in places :drunk:

#11 ·
Your spar, Sir. Made entirely of morning 1"x1/16" bass and 1/4" balsa wood :mrgreen:

Think Nitro J. with a large ferro type wing :rockon:

...and I'm using Elmer's :tu:

Attachments

#15 ·
Wild Fred said:
you know, many years ago I built a cabin plane with a big ferro type wing, big (for the era) control surfaces, hardwood mounts w/ a tank on top like the corkscrew. called it mr. hankey, covered in brown ultracoat. flew good!
I expect it to fly. :dk: beyond that is a bonus :drunk:

Elmer's. So easy to clean up :superhappy:

Attachments

#19 ·
Wild Fred said:
on round tips- I use lazy bee style- cut cardboard to curve, run packing tape around edge. pin to table. wet 4 pc. 1/8x1/2 balsa, coat w/ thinned glue, bend and pin around form, let dry.

the pic was elevator frames, but you get the idea.
Clever as shit :mrgreen:

Ima be using a full tip rib, mounted at 45 deg for an hoerner effect.... :doh: some Wagas *** suggested this in the STOL thread... :mrgreen:

#22 ·
Wild Fred said:
massive spar! I made mine outa 3 pc. 1/8" balsa, full depth, with l.e. sheeting.indestructable. the mount setup was kinda like you did on the ferro, tankexposed, rubberbands over dowel drilled under bearers.
Right?! You build a ferro, you can build any fuselage-style plane out there :tu:

But I heard it was not wise to go full CJ, so I'm keeping it profilitic :p

#24 ·
A.D.3D said:
Done yet??????

Cool project bro! First its a glider, now its a cub....you sir, have gone FULL CJ
WTF?! Ferro and Yak 40 :nah:

14 Ribs 1/2"x3"x1" & 1"x6"x1/4" sanded to shape...

Attachments

#25 ·
J, it will probably be OK on this, but the shear webbing needs to go 90º from the spar direction for max strength from the assembly.

#26 ·
ThumbSkull said:
J, it will probably be OK on this, but the shear webbing needs to go 90º from the spar direction for max strength from the assembly.
Duly noted. LHS had this stock so...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.