The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

A ProBro for AMA Exec Vice Pres?? Yes!

6K views 67 replies 30 participants last post by  bsquared 
#1 ·
Did you know our very own Randy Cameron is running for AMA executive vice president? Randy makes it to Nashville to hang with us at NashBro so I'm betting many of you already know him.
How often does a Pro Bro come up as a potential AMA official? :rockon:

Here is his info and be sure to vote:

2017 Executive Vice President
Randy Cameron

I am honored to have served as the District VI Vice President for the past five years and to have been nominated for the Executive Vice President position. I am asking for your vote.

I've been involved in aero modeling since I was a child with my father, and love every aspect of this hobby and aviation. I am primarily a sport flyer, however, have competed in a little IMAC, Combat and Fun Fly's in the past. I enjoy 3D aerobatic flying and attempted FPV racing, however, I am not very good at either.

I have been an AMA Leader Member since the mid-1980s and became a contest director in the late 90's. I volunteered as the District VI Contest Coordinator for ten years and served as a District VI Associate Vice President for four years prior to becoming the District VI Vice President. I've held about every club officer position in multiple clubs over the past 35 plus years, while in the military and in civilian life.

As an AMA Vice President, I've been appointed as the committee chairman to Special Interest Groups (SIG), and the Property Acquisition and Development Committee (PADCOM).

We've made improvements in SIG benefits, by providing additional advertising in our multimedia area, and PADCOM where I have continued to improve the current headquarters flying site. Additionally, I was involved in revamping and computerizing the Flying Site Improvement grant process.

I'm married, Fina and I have been together 33 years. She has always supported me in our hobby and often attends events with me. We have four sons and eleven grandchildren and are currently teaching our fourth generation of family flyers.
I'm a 22 year Air Force veteran, where I was an electronic communications technician and project manager. I'm currently the senior system administrator for a hospital system.

Areas I feel the AMA must improve in:
Programs to involve more youth to help continue our hobby and for AMA growth.
Flying site assistance and retention, to include financial assistance for purchasing flying site. We need programs to help clubs improve their memberships and to gain involvement from current members. Better communications to the membership on programs that exist that aren't widely publicized, as well as more electronic form processing to speed up applications and eliminate the cost to the members and the AMA alike. Education to local and national government agencies. Education to local and national government agencies. To continue growth we have to embrace new technologies, as we have done in the past that will keep younger generations interested in model aviation.

The AMA is currently strong in providing both federal and local government advocacy as many are very aware, this must continue, and improve. We need to better utilize our best assets, you the members in this area as well.
With your vote, I'll do my best to understand and communicate your issues to the executive council, and ensure member's needs are met.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/O ... asevp.aspx

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Randy is a top notch bro that lives rc and AMA. While previous AMA officials in his position were rarely seen or known, Randy has taken off work pretty much every week to further our cause. I'm gonna vote for him for sure.

#4 ·
I'm the current President of the Bolivarsportflyers Rc club in Bolivar Mo.
Randy has held every position in our club and is also the Vice President currently.

I've know Randy now about 10 years and I can say there's no one that supports RC and the AMA more than Randy. As Vice President of the VI District, Randy is gone almost every weekend Supporting the hobby at an event or hauling the AMA Simulator Trailer around the country giving people the chance to try RC flying for the first time.

Randy talked me into getting my CD and I have never regretted it, holding events and seeing new people get into a great Hobby.

He will have my vote, as I know he will bring a lot of great things to the hobby and AMA.... :tu:

Steve Prewitt

#6 ·
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Ballots should be reaching you about 15 September, please vote, and I'd appreciate it if you voted for me.

Randy

#9 ·
In hooks fashion during a video contest. "I will start the bidding for my vote at $5)!!

Seriously though billy hell introduced me to him at Nash last year and he seems like a stand up guy. He has my vote.

#12 ·
I dunno.. the guy hugged me last time I seen him. 8) He is my Mo Bro. :rockoncool:

#15 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that the AMA ballots should be reaching you via USPS mail around the 15th of this month depending on where you live.

I'm sure you all know that I'd very much like your vote.

If you have any questions for me let me know. I'll also be at NashBro if anyone wants to chat there.

Thank you
Randy Cameron

Attachments

#17 ·
Near the end of November. I believe they have to be post marked not later than 9 November, they give everything about a week to get there and then do the final count. I would expect the result to be announced by the 17th of November.

Randy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.