Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 60 size or 54"-56" ws

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I only like big birds!

Votes: 3 7.1%

What is your favorite size slab?

11K views 53 replies 22 participants last post by  West Coast Bro 
#1 ·
As I am getting ready to start cutting kits I am trying to figure out what size slabs everyone is most interested in?

#2 ·
My preferences very. Right now I'm loving the 35" and light 46" sizes (like the lamsuk and your UL 46" slick) because batts and servos for them are cheap. Easy, quick builds and I can fit a fleet in the car and fly anywhere. But I also like 20cc size a LOT :lol:

#4 ·
40 size and smaller are tons of fun and are cheap and easy but 20cc and larger just fly and present so well in the air.

#8 ·
I really like Ian's 50 size birds a lot. Good 6.5-7 minutes on a 3000mAh 6S.
40 size is great as well.

#14 ·
dhooks said:
FlightCrazed said:
WoodPilot said:
About 2:35 point the wing folded.. it had been repaired a couple times though.. gotta build another one!
You have a dougg yak short kit from dorkitDans skunkworks,. It should get built
I know, it will be built soon. Getting my mind back into the building mode.

#16 ·
There is a market out there for 60 size slabs with DLE20's. For example the Mojo 65 with a DLE 20 is no where near as fun as the Mojo 60 is with the same engine.

Tweaking the plans just a tad (for those new to slabs) and re-issuing the Primo and Mojo 60 for 20cc gas..... and I bet you would sell a few.

#18 ·
I am definitely with the group and love to fly the 40size planes, Doug G MXS and LRC slick are my favs. But I do like my mojo 60 on a 20cc. I might be in need of another 60 size build as well.

#22 ·
I voted for the 50" birds. I think it is a perfect compromise between the qualities of a bigger bird - like a Mojo 60 and the agility of the 40 size slabs.

#24 ·
Harleyflyer said:
mpet547,

So I take it you like the Mojo 60 with a 20cc gas. That sounds really interesting. I have a couple of Mojo 60 kits and I would love to do something with gas but have been concerned with reliability. Have you had good experiences?

Regards,
Keith
I started with a saito 100 on my mojo 60 and have another that is an e-setup on 6s. Both are great but I decided to convert all of my flow engines to gas. I chose to mount a dle 20 on the nose if the mojo and am absolutely loving flying it. So far I have had nothing but good experiences from the gas engine and that 20cc is a ton of fun on a mojo 60! :rockoncool:

#25 ·
Harleyflyer said:
mpet547,

So I take it you like the Mojo 60 with a 20cc gas. That sounds really interesting. I have a couple of Mojo 60 kits and I would love to do something with gas but have been concerned with reliability. Have you had good experiences?

Regards,
Keith
It's a great combo. I got this moass60 second hand at Nash this past year and was setup for E power. It's in pretty rough shape including the tube being broke between the wing and stab. I have maybe 15 flights on it so far and it's holding up great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.