The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

I was flat broke at one time

674 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  WoodPilot 
#1 ·
Good thing I was very broke at one time. The power went out about 30 minutes ago. I fired up the old oil lamps.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Some of the best times I ever had in my life,I was flat busted broke. Don't get me wrong, having a few dollars stashed away goes a long way for comfort level. But for me it kind of goes like the Bob Seger song. Back then I was like a rock,and felt immortal,and money was not at the top of my priority list.
I would take youth,and health over cash any day. Happy thanksgiving :drink:

#8 ·
WoodButcher said:
My experience with being broke as a young adult simply sucked. I did what I had to do to break out of that hell. I have no fond memories of being destitute. Having escaped I will never contemplate returning.
I can agree with you, but also I know what crowfly ment.

I've been can of corn a day for food from Aldi, or a $1 whopper with 15 packs of ketchup poor when I first lived on my own. But then those good time, which where very rare, where so much more valuable. I have had times just as good or better since not being destitute, but they don't hold a place in my mind or heart like the good times when I was poor did.

#9 ·
Before we had kids I remember scraping every single penny I could find up, working what ever I could, just for gas and food.
Thankfully I've been able to keep my kids from feeling that. When I was jobless for a while and sold everything I literally lived on $1 bag of pretzel sticks for two weeks. That's all I ate so my wife and kids could have all the rest of the food we could gather. And I'd have it no other way. :tu:
Thank God for what ever kept me going and making it through.
Personally I think it does a spirit good to struggle from time to time. You forget how to live lean.

I've been blessed with a good job now. Go away from that 92/hr weeks at hitachi BK. I now make double what I was working almost half as much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.