F glow plug on OS 55AX

Please post site technical issues and problems here.

F glow plug on OS 55AX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:51 am

How to put one F glow plug on a OS 55AX, does need an extra ring (because the lenght of F plug) to avoiding damage of cylinder, or simply screw F plug with only one ring as commonly we do with #8 glow plug?

Any pictures?

Thanks
rafaxddd
Pro Bro

Re: F glow plug on OS 55AX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:12 am

One gasket. Put it on. Fly dat shit!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32469
Reality does not owe us comfort.

"I can fly better than I can talk. I articulate my maneuvers precisely. Words, not so much". - mfeuilly
nitrofevr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:03 am

One gasket. Like sausagelover said.
"That can't be un-fucked" - Clay @Nash 2012
"© I don't know what your talking about. ®" - Goofy 2014

*Asshole Disclaimer*
If you think you have been offended, please unread this post.
Mike
ThumbSkull
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:05 am

Be a man and don't even use one!!! :twisted: :lol:
WrongRudderR/C

Gayjo40 / Yak47 / WhoreHawk63 / Fusion67 / LamSuk46 / UL MXS35 / UL Slick35 / EE25 / LRC MiniPBF / Razoryak67-RTC / Moass60-Needs TLC / EE60-RTC / GlitterJR-Cut / BigTiddyGlitter-Cut
WoodPilot
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:45 am

You must use a one! The E-fag boys think you will catch something from NITRO. I guess they avoid the other wet stuff to!
NASH 2012 quote from Clay (BalsaBro) - " I CAN'T UN-FU#K THAT!"
NASH 2012 quote for PapaTrey3 - " THATS THE GUY GIVING US ADVICE ABOUT WOMEN ! "
gard72977
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:15 am

Hope it works for you, I have a bitch of a time tuning the midrange, lost count on the number of deadsticks...
Yes, I do mixing with certain models: balsa, monokote, dirt, and grass...and now WATER too!

Silence is Golden...Duct Tape is Silver.

Be careful what you say or you may be the victom of my next avitar.
c_locklair
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:37 am

Hello Pro Bro friend, thank you for your help. But i cannot understand your input...

did you had many dead sticks with F glow plug?

c_locklair wrote:Hope it works for you, I have a bitch of a time tuning the midrange, lost count on the number of deadsticks...
rafaxddd
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:08 am

rafaxddd wrote:Hello Pro Bro friend, thank you for your help. But i cannot understand your input...

did you had many dead sticks with F glow plug?

c_locklair wrote:Hope it works for you, I have a bitch of a time tuning the midrange, lost count on the number of deadsticks...

The F plug and 20% nitro is the way to go. I have been using 15% nitro with out any problems. (LHS was out of 20%)

If you are having deadsticks check the fuel system. There is a leak somewhere. I have had a line that was leaking but not all the time. It ran fine on the ground but in the air it have problems. I blamed everything else but when I changed the tank and all the lines it never happened again!
NASH 2012 quote for PapaTrey3 - " THATS THE GUY GIVING US ADVICE ABOUT WOMEN ! "
gard72977
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:10 am

Your avator is awsome but it would be more realstic if you had used a pic of WULFE! :mrgreen: (same caption)
gard72977
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:14 am

Meaning hope it works as I've tried A3, F's and just about any other combination and midrange craps out. There are tons of forums on this and no one has a definitive answer, assumed that was happening to you also. If it's not you're in the minority.

Not the fuel or the tank. Will run out a tank at idle or wide open-the middle is the killer-where most of the hovering is done. I finally got one to run well on my primo, but the other one still craps out.

Well if I can't fix the 55 maybe , I can work on a new avitar
Yes, I do mixing with certain models: balsa, monokote, dirt, and grass...and now WATER too!

Silence is Golden...Duct Tape is Silver.

Be careful what you say or you may be the victom of my next avitar.
c_locklair
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:18 am

Whne you buy an F plug, how many gaskets come with it? One. Use it. :tu:

Tune the low needle first. If it sputters, it's rich, if it dies, it's lean. You'll know its right when:

you pinch the carb fuel line and the engine speeds up before it dies.

Tune the high end and fly the shit out of it.

Deadsticks are not the engines fault! It ain't getting what it needs to humm Baybee! :mrgreen:

*discalimer* an extra set of ears is vital on occasion to determine the sputter/die mix on the low end :drunk:
Slide 57/OS 120ax BCP | Bristol 48/OS 55ax DTP | MoAss 40/Saito 82 | Wild Tiger/Saito 56 | Yak 40"/OS 40fp DTP | Mad Yak 40"/OS 40fp DTP| Primo 25/OS 40fp DTP | PBF/OS 40fp DTP | Demon/OS 32 QTP
Nitro J.
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:24 am

Thanks!!!

wiiiiiiiii!!

Nitro J. wrote:Whne you buy an F plug, how many gaskets come with it? One. Use it. :tu:

Tune the low needle first. If it sputters, it's rich, if it dies, it's lean. You'll know its right when:

you pinch the carb fuel line and the engine speeds up before it dies.

Tune the high end and fly the shit out of it.

Deadsticks are not the engines fault! It ain't getting what it needs to humm Baybee! :mrgreen:

*discalimer* an extra set of ears is vital on occasion to determine the sputter/die mix on the low end :drunk:
rafaxddd
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:35 am

ThumbSkull wrote:One gasket. Like sausagelover said.

<<<< That's A.D.3D not me. Only love my sausage :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32469
Reality does not owe us comfort.

"I can fly better than I can talk. I articulate my maneuvers precisely. Words, not so much". - mfeuilly
nitrofevr
Pro Bro

TURBO GLOW PLUGS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:36 am

What about Turbo Glow Plugs on 55AX??
rafaxddd
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 am

whats wrong with just using the standard #8 plug?
Dr Constrictor
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:49 am

Constrictor wrote:whats wrong with just using the standard #8 plug?

Relability and power is a little better with higher nitro and a F plug. You just cant fly wide open very long. It works great for slabs. The # 8 plug will work
gard72977
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:00 am

c_locklair wrote:Meaning hope it works as I've tried A3, F's and just about any other combination and midrange craps out. There are tons of forums on this and no one has a definitive answer, assumed that was happening to you also. If it's not you're in the minority.

Not the fuel or the tank. Will run out a tank at idle or wide open-the middle is the killer-where most of the hovering is done. I finally got one to run well on my primo, but the other one still craps out.

Well if I can't fix the 55 maybe , I can work on a new avitar

Did you open an engine and see how it looks like inside rust wise? What condition your cylinder walls are, any scratches or scaffs or even wall coating peel offs? How about bearings rust or play in 'em? Did you inspect a carburetor? How is the O-ring about carburetor? Is there are any debris in or on a spray bar? What prop do you using? Tell us more please. Will do or best to help you. AX 55 is a good reliable and simple engine engine you should not have any problems running it. Put it apart and see what you'll be able to find out. Btw it does not take long to put engine apart, but you might be able to come out with definitive answers why your engine does not run the way it should be. I hope it will help. Let as know.
2-stroke engines are THE MOST ANNOYING THING(<-click on red link ;) )
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:39 am

when i first started using the 55,with STOCK muffler.i didnt care much for it.midrange throttling sucked wang.i didnt experience any running issues though,even with the f plug.after switching to the macs header and mcm,it transformed that engine :rockoncool: :rockoncool: mid range throttling is now one of,if not the best of all my glow engines.be careful on the tune if you use the f plug.leaving it slightly rich of peak rpms will make your plug last much longer than trying to wring out every oz of power
athol probro stickbangers club

"There is room in the Hood for everyone, but not everybody finds a home in the Hood"
- goofy-

"Best part is if you dork a harrier from a few feet up, it's like a decent CJ landing" -steener-
doinkedit
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:59 am

BTW from what you wrote, my bets that you have a bad ball bearings, replace em and most likely it will fix your problems.
2-stroke engines are THE MOST ANNOYING THING(<-click on red link ;) )
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:06 pm

9 out of 10 if a 55AX isn't running right or flames out, it's fuel delivery not the engine.
"That can't be un-fucked" - Clay @Nash 2012
"© I don't know what your talking about. ®" - Goofy 2014

*Asshole Disclaimer*
If you think you have been offended, please unread this post.
Mike
ThumbSkull
Pro Bro

Next

Return to Site Help