F glow plug on OS 55AX

Please post site technical issues and problems here.

Re: F glow plug on OS 55AX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:44 pm

ThumbSkull wrote:
McDDD wrote:
BlockBuster wrote:There is a better way to do it, other then a pinching down exhaust tube on a muffler. :wink:

OK, I'll bite. How?

Nyet!
Для меня, чтобы знать, и вы это выяснить.

Миша твой русский очень хуёвый Я так ни черта не понял. Давай лучше говорить на Английском языке. :wink:

Dave, don't bite, please... Jokes aside, I think its better to get K&S aluminum tubing of the same OD as ID of the exaust pipes of pitts muffler, from a LHS, cut it a little longer then a pitts muffler exaust pipe, put couple of drops of CA on K&S tube and insert it in the exaust pipe of pitts with the end of K&S tube telescopically protruding out of the exaust pipe, that way if you don't like the way this muffler runs, you can just twist it with a niddle nose plyers and break it off.

The other point, BTW Dave could be right, but if I remember correctly, every time I made a change to a system, I always have to retune engine, and with a pipe on, again if I remember correctly I have to close niddles when exchanging stock muffler to a pipe.
2-stroke engines are THE MOST ANNOYING THING(<-click on red link ;) )
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:46 pm

John Wells wrote:Thought I was going to learn something new from B.B. I'm still waiting.....

Jeez, I can't type this fast... :roll: Especially, when foreign language involved... :wink:
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 pm

BlockBuster wrote:The other point, BTW Dave could be right, but if I remember correctly, every time I made a change to a system, I always have to retune engine, and with a pipe on, again if I remember correctly I have to close niddles when exchanging stock muffler to a pipe.

Sidenote: Crap, I have not flown stock muffler for at least ~4-5 years... Time flyes... :shock:
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:55 am

Yes, my Russian is terrible.
"That can't be un-fucked" - Clay @Nash 2012
"© I don't know what your talking about. ®" - Goofy 2014

*Asshole Disclaimer*
If you think you have been offended, please unread this post.
Mike
ThumbSkull
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:21 am

ThumbSkull wrote:Yes, my Russian is terrible.

:rofl: I suspect its not your Russian... It took me more then an hour to form an answer in Russian, so "Google" translation to English would come out somewhat coherent, yet its a lot more "colourful" in Russian, then after a "G"-rated "translation" :wink:

:hey: Why can't we live without "bitting" each other? :scared: :chairshot:
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:10 am

BlockBuster wrote:
ThumbSkull wrote:Yes, my Russian is terrible.

:rofl: I suspect its not your Russian... It took me more then an hour to form an answer in Russian, so "Google" translation to English would come out somewhat coherent, yet its a lot more "colourful" in Russian, then after a "G"-rated "translation" :wink:

:hey: Why can't we live without "bitting" each other? :scared: :chairshot:

BB is it time to lose Crazy Frog, yet! :nutkick:

Put a slab or some boobs in yer avatar and its all good! :sudsy:
Slide 57/OS 120ax BCP | Bristol 48/OS 55ax DTP | MoAss 40/Saito 82 | Wild Tiger/Saito 56 | Yak 40"/OS 40fp DTP | Mad Yak 40"/OS 40fp DTP| Primo 25/OS 40fp DTP | PBF/OS 40fp DTP | Demon/OS 32 QTP
Nitro J.
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:06 am

Nitro J. wrote:
BB is it time to lose Crazy Frog, yet! :nutkick:

Put a slab or some boobs in yer avatar and its all good! :sudsy:

:rofl: Did you know people eat Frogs in France and consider it a "deli"? So when anyone saying "I'll bit", then I have to take it very seriouslly... :roll: Jeez, did not wanna offend ThumbSkull, that is for sure... I'm sorry, if I'm said something stupid, You know Constrictor does not call me a "Liberal" for nothing... My "Big mouth" liberared it-self from "Brain in command" a long time ago...
Last edited by BlockBuster on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:08 am

Make sure they aren't man boobs ok. We've all seen enough of constrictor we don't need to see his boobs or mine for that matter. lol.
RIP Duke, Daddy loves you ALWAYS!
Thumbskull "Wulfie is the Liberace of ProBro's". RIP John, you are missed Brother.
Mchone Jake. "My gym teacher touched me! I didn't mind it"!
Evan Shadix. "wish apc had a trade in program"!
rcaircraftnut
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 am

rcaircraftnut wrote:Make sure they aren't man boobs ok. lol.

:rofl: Good point... No man's boobs, got it... Ew... :green: I'm all for it... :rockoncool:
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:18 am

Hey, Nitro J, did you ever tryed 16X6 wood prop on that piped 120AX?
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 am

Nitro J. wrote:BB is it time to lose Crazy Frog, yet! :nutkick:

BTW, that Frog, is my look-alike, so you much better off seen a Frog then me, I'm just saying. :wink:
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:43 am

:roll: Jeez, did not wanna to offend ThumbSkull, that is for sure... I'm sorry, if I'm said something stupid, You know Constrictor does not call me a "Liberal" for nothing... My "Big mouth" liberared it-self from "Brain in command" a long time ago...
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:49 am

BlockBuster wrote:Hey, Nitro J, did you ever tryed 16X6 wood prop on that piped 120AX?

16x6, 16x5, & 16x4 :rockon:

The differences are personal preference, ALL can rock the OS 120. :tu:

I have two ready, just don't have a 60 size right now :rolleye:

Primo 60 kit is third in queue. :drunk:

FWIW, I used a bisson Pitts style muff on the Razor Yak, and it still rocked. :mrgreen:
Slide 57/OS 120ax BCP | Bristol 48/OS 55ax DTP | MoAss 40/Saito 82 | Wild Tiger/Saito 56 | Yak 40"/OS 40fp DTP | Mad Yak 40"/OS 40fp DTP| Primo 25/OS 40fp DTP | PBF/OS 40fp DTP | Demon/OS 32 QTP
Nitro J.
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:20 pm

John Wells wrote:Thought I was going to learn something new from B.B. I'm still waiting.....

Exactly...breaking down the 55 in just a few...thanks for everyone's suggestions thusfar...and don't frett BB...I'm following your advice too... :?
Yes, I do mixing with certain models: balsa, monokote, dirt, and grass...and now WATER too!

Silence is Golden...Duct Tape is Silver.

Be careful what you say or you may be the victom of my next avitar.
c_locklair
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:24 pm

Nitro J. wrote:
FWIW, I used a bisson Pitts style muff on the Razor Yak, and it still rocked. :mrgreen:

:rolleye:
Attachments
CIMG3308.JPG
The Argentinian Pro Bro!!!!!!!!!!!

And now proud member of the RMM.
gus
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:25 pm

c_locklair wrote:

Exactly...breaking down the 55 in just a few...thanks for everyone's suggestions thusfar...and don't frett BB...I'm following your advice too... :?

So you are gonna get a G32???? :roll:
The Argentinian Pro Bro!!!!!!!!!!!

And now proud member of the RMM.
gus
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:05 pm

c_locklair wrote:Exactly...breaking down the 55 in just a few...thanks for everyone's suggestions thusfar...and don't frett BB...I'm following your advice too... :?

Last engine that I was breaking in, was Webra 55 P5, I did it with a pipe since I got no Webra mufflers... I did breaking in of Webra to the letter per instraction in a manual, but in less then ten flights and engine would give me the same set of problems that you discribe, I grabed prop and wigle it, and bearings was lufting a little. I replced those bearings and the problem went away. Mind you the engine was a couple of weeks out of the box, less then ten flights, and yes I oil my engine at the end of each day of flying. Bearings would be the first place to look at...

Now going back to your muffler... I wonder what ID those exaust pipes on your pitts(you can use a drill bit to measure that diameter), and what volume your pitts muffler is, larger then stock muffler of smaller?

BTW, some engines are a lot less "finnikie" about Ball Bearings been changed... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STxCKvse6Rw

:shock:

AX 55 is not "one of 'em"... :wink:
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:58 pm

Quick follow up, didn't necessarily take motor apart, did a quick major tightening down of all screws, put in a new A3, didn’t have an 8 or F. I know this thread was originally in regards to F plug, so not meaning to hijack. Any rate richened the bottom and top and it runs like a bandit with the Pitts pipe (no crimping). Could have been a slight air leak and definately needed a new plug after breakin. I will eventually throw in an 8 or F but it’s running so well now that I’m going to leave it alone. Thanks for all the input. But I have another problem…see new thread.
Yes, I do mixing with certain models: balsa, monokote, dirt, and grass...and now WATER too!

Silence is Golden...Duct Tape is Silver.

Be careful what you say or you may be the victom of my next avitar.
c_locklair
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:11 pm

c_locklair wrote:definately needed a new plug after breakin.

Yep, always break in a new engine with an old (or a cheap) plug because during the break-in process, microscopic particles of metal get burnished off the moving parts (especially the piston) and many of them end up being deposited onto the plug filament which effectively reduces the area that provides the catalytic reaction.

The effect of this is that the plug goes "cold" and so you'll find the engine hard to tune (seems rich but actually stops without warning because it's really lean).

Everyone has a box of "old" plugs that you've taken out of service but can't bring yourself to throw away -- use one of those for the first few flights then put in a brand new plug, retune and you're good to go!
xjet
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:11 pm

c_locklair wrote:Meaning hope it works as I've tried A3, F's and just about any other combination and midrange craps out. There are tons of forums on this and no one has a definitive answer, assumed that was happening to you also. If it's not you're in the minority.

Well if I can't fix the 55 maybe , I can work on a new avitar

Glad that the problem solved, oh... and :welcome: to the "Minority Club"... :mrgreen: There is also glow plug igniter that you can buy, that have a glow plug condition meter. :drink:
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

Previous

Return to Site Help