ATTENTION---- ALL NEWBIES!!!! CHECK THIS OUT!!

Please post site technical issues and problems here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:58 pm

flyboyz43 wrote:
3d-aholic wrote:
jwilliams wrote:There are many planes not on there that are worthy. If you put up a list make sure it says that it is your opinion and not the opinion of all members on this site. Not mad at you DanHoH, heck you are one of the nicest guys on this earth.
Jeff Williams

I think he just took it from the front of the Forum....btw, where you are not listed as well. You could PM Ian about that.

I PM'd Quicker a while back about getting it on the list......but no response....musta been busy...or maybe didn't get ahold of the right person... :dk:

Sorry. Missed. it. I've been very bad about responding to PM's lately. I get so many.....

I'll look into it. ibang manages the list. I just get it on the page. I've been too busy to automate it.

Q
kalteisen.com
Quicker
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:59 pm

ProBroAndy wrote:
HazzBro wrote:Just remember Friends let Friends fly JW extras! Friends don't let friends fly Twists...oops, wrong forum :roll:

and thanks again for letting me fly yours!!!! 8)
did you ever get that video up? if so can you pm me a link?

Still waiting on Mr. Williams as it's on his camera! Let's all send him a PM to get the video up :roll:

J.K. I do want to see it though as that plane was being wrung out!
Last edited by HazzBro on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HazzBro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:00 pm

Quicker wrote:Sorry. Missed. it. I've been very bad about responding to PM's lately. I get so many.....

I'll look into it. ibang manages the list. I just get it on the page. I've been too busy to automate it.

Q

If this keeps up, we are going to have to cut your salary in half. :wink:
3d-aholic
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:04 pm

3d-aholic wrote:
Quicker wrote:Sorry. Missed. it. I've been very bad about responding to PM's lately. I get so many.....

Q

If this keeps up, we are going to have to cut your salary in half. :wink:

Getting to the point where i need to pay you then :lol:

Q
kalteisen.com
Quicker
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:50 pm

ProBroAndy wrote:
Aero_Ace wrote:I just picked the biggest one on the list (OMP 92" Hybrid). Now I just have to build it.
I will start a build log in the next few weeks.

dude! welcome to the hood!

Glad to be here! This will be my first kit profile.
My first plane was a profile foamy and it was a blast.

I am just tired of buying glow juice.
In the air: MoHalfAss 60, 3DHS 89" Slick, AW 87" Edge 540T
In Repair: Saber 35, 3DHS Buck Huck, Zero G, WH Baby Edge
In the Box: MoJo 40
3DJunkie
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:16 pm

The scheme on the Primus looks eerily familiar, among other features. Could it be? :lol:
BRUTUS
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:08 pm

Point was not that my latest design was not on there. Point is, I do not agree with that list totally, and that may be the feeling of others on here too. Unless it represents all members here then it should not be posted as representing all members. I think it would be impossible to represent everyone anyway so what is the purpose of such a list??? But much more on this and it is really getting more attention than it deserves.
Jeff W.
Extreme Flight RC
Torque Motors
Airboss ESC's
B and E Graphix
JR Americas
YellowJacket lipos
jwilliams
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:31 pm

No problem Jeff. I'll take it down. It was never meant to be a marketing thing, just a list because of all threads from new members wanting to know what profiles are available. It's caused more problems than it's worth.

Q
kalteisen.com
Quicker
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:40 pm

you removed the links to the planes on the home page i was going through the list checking the different planes out. Oh well alot of the links didnt work anyway. :roll:
Chudfutts the Pirate
Chudfutts
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:18 pm

Quicker wrote:No problem Jeff. I'll take it down.

You take it down because one guy thinks it's point less? That's crap, Q.

Quicker wrote:It was never meant to be a marketing thing, just a list because of all threads from new members wanting to know what profiles are available. It's caused more problems than it's worth.Q

While it may be a pain to modify or keep current, I believe it does exactly what you originally meant it to do. I say leave it up ... and fix the links. If you or Ian don't have time to keep an eye on it, see if someone else will ... and give them the needed site permissions so you don't have to touch it. Maybe DanHoh will do it.
Actually, I don't find it any more irrational than believing there is some unseen super-being that created the entire universe out of nothing.
Zombie
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:46 pm

How about this: I was put in charge of updating the list, but I don't think that anyone really remembers that. How about we put a little thing over the list that says: "if you would like to recommend that a plane be added to this list, please PM iBang." That way if something like Jeff's new plane comes up and I don't notice it, I get to hear about it.
www.texas-hobbies.com

The Texas hitman
iBang
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:01 pm

jwilliams wrote:Point was not that my latest design was not onnot be posted as representing all members. I think it would be impossible there. Point is, I do not agree with that list totally, and that may be the feeling of others on here too. Unless it represents all members here then it should to represent everyone anyway so what is the purpose of such a list??? But much more on this and it is really getting more attention than it deserves.
Jeff W.

Quicker wrote:No problem Jeff. I'll take it down. It was never meant to be a marketing thing, just a list because of all threads from new members wanting to know what profiles are available. It's caused more problems than it's worth.

Q

FWIW.......

1. I did NOT think "the list" was a "approved list" by one, or by all. I think most of the Bro's know each other well enough, that we all have different opinions about all kinds of different shit, including airplanes.

2. I thought it served an useful purpose. It allowed all of us to find a product quickly, instead of having to locate the thread(s), and HOPE to find a link there.

3. Jeff..... We have met a few times, you're a good pilot, you're a very pleasant fellow to talk to... But this time, I don't agree and don't understand at all.

4. I started this thread to poke fun at a few newbies. Thats all! Never did I dream it would go this way. Now I'm embarassed that I appear to have caused such a change. I am what I am, I expect you all to understand that, and I try to do the same for all of you. But I'll be damned if I have to start worrying about what I say, and how it's going to affect this forum. PC, PC, and more PC.... I'm starting to hate what PC stands for.
Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.
DanHoH
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:06 pm

Quicker wrote:No problem Jeff. I'll take it down. It was never meant to be a marketing thing, just a list because of all threads from new members wanting to know what profiles are available. It's caused more problems than it's worth.

Q

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Soon as I read it I went to the main page and it was gone.

Thought it was cool to have it there.
I don care how many planes were missing or unobtainium, it was nice to do a search and read about them.
Why you think I got the RazorYak , the ZeroG and the ChinnYak in the last two weeks?????

Gus

PS: By the way, BackSlider's Slide was missing too. Soooooo?

The list is a very important part of the ProBro's history (my 2 cents).
The Argentinian Pro Bro!!!!!!!!!!!

And now proud member of the RMM.
gus
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:10 pm

gusgonzalez wrote:PS: By the way, BackSlider's Slide was missing too.

I've wanted to add that one on there... but I really was wavering as not only was it unobtanium, it never has been obtanium. I was still thinking about adding it though as I fully expect to eventually see the slides availible some day. Backslider is too good a designer to only have his stuff availible to a select few.

I also needed to add his little yak that has had a few kit runs now, and spaz's ultimate under unobtanium.
www.texas-hobbies.com

The Texas hitman
iBang
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:11 pm

uh, I bought a Primo and a Mojo
and a Katana from the list. I am new
to 3d but have been flying R/C since 1978.
The list was helpful to me at least .

The guys that keep the site features current
will never really get the credit they deserve.
Anyone who has done club newsletters gets
treated the same way.
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
- Mark Twain
r/c jedi
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:19 pm

I agree with Dan.

The purpose of such a list is just informative. Right??????

I think it'll be great to keep it, specially for the new Bro's.
It was like 2-3 months ago I asked WTF was a ZeroG.
You can probably imagine the answers.
I did a search and not long ago I got one from Troy.
I don't think it was a comercial thing, I will buy whatever I want/like.
Remmember we just want lot's of Bro's, I don't care what they fly.

Gus

gus
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:30 pm

iBang wrote:
gusgonzalez wrote:PS: By the way, BackSlider's Slide was missing too.

I've wanted to add that one on there... but I really was wavering as not only was it unobtanium, it never has been obtanium. I was still thinking about adding it though as I fully expect to eventually see the slides availible some day. Backslider is too good a designer to only have his stuff availible to a select few.

I also needed to add his little yak that has had a few kit runs now, and spaz's ultimate under unobtanium.

:exactly: :gp:

Ian:

I think you're right.
The thing with Backslider's Slide it looked to me as if nobody was really interested in it, it's a great kit.

And by the way I should add his little Yak to my list of NIB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He sent me one with the Slide :tu:

Gus

gus
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:30 pm

It was not just Jeff. Others have complained too. I'm walking a fine line of building a list like that and having my planes on them, but not other planes from other companies. I try to be as fair as possible. The last thing I want is to have guys pissed.

I think the best thing is a thread like this. Everybody gets a chance to make a post or 2 or 3 and give comments on the plane.

This is the Profile Brotherhood...it's a community thing.

ibang is still in charge of moderating the list. I'll get a thread built and make a box on the left main page just like the old list. Ibang has total control over moderating that thread and keeping it on topic and to the point.

How's that?

Q
kalteisen.com
Quicker
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:55 pm

Quinn:

It doesn't matter what you'll do, there will always be unhappy people.
Just make sure there's an easy way to find and look/search for profile designs in the main page.

Gus

PS: By the way where can I get Jeff's design?????

gus
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:58 pm

gusgonzalez wrote:Quinn:

It doesn't matter what you'll do, there will always be unhappy people.
Just make sure there's an easy way to find and look/search for profile designs in the main page.

Gus

PS: By the way where can I get Jeff's design?????

Fully understand that. My 12 year old makes sure I know I'm screwing up every day. Some of you are worse than he is :lol:

Q
kalteisen.com
Quicker
Pro Bro

PreviousNext

Return to Site Help